This is Digital Wallet
At Digital Wallet, we’ve combined the powers of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Financial Technology (FinTech) and used our expertise to carefully craft and develop a premium financial service that’s accessible to everyone. We’ve become a family-centered company where we strongly believe that our team members, as well as our valued customers, should have fulfilling lives.
PAST – Where we were
Digital Wallet started
out as a seed in 2014, planted in an environment that focused on growing a business to provide premium financial services accessible to everyone. Our roots came from an accomplished team of engineers and designers from the Sony Group digital service department and eventually, the family grew with professionals from various fields who have developed and managed global cloud services.
PRESENT – Where we are now
Initially, we built
our working environment around the importance of family and diversity so that our team can experience fulfilling lives. Now, our team has an inclusion of different backgrounds (where we have around 10 nationalities), religions, ages, and genders. Many of our colleagues are raising their own families or taking care of their loved ones. For this reason, we always make sure that we continue to allow our team members to work as professionals and spend precious time with their families and friends.
As our services have reached
far and wide around the world, Digital Wallet has been promising to give back to communities in need. Recently, with COVID-19 causing a negative impact on the globe, Digital Wallet stepped in by donating to medical organizations such as the Japanese Red Cross Medical Center, PGH Medical Foundation in the Philippines, The Central Committee of Vietnam Fatherland Front and Dompet Dhuafa in Indonesia. We strongly believe that it’s important to provide the best service to our customers, but we also believe that it’s imperative to help support those who are struggling. It makes the world a better place.
FUTURE – Where we want to be
Trust is a major relationship
characteristic that Digital Wallet has used to build our foundation, especially when it comes to creating ties with those involved in the financial technology industry. With 10 meaningful partnerships and counting, we continue to seek and maintain relationships with financial service companies such as Asia United Bank (AUB) and Yucho Bank. We’ve cherished the importance of building and strengthening partnerships, so instead of making competition, we will join hands in order to provide the best for everyone in the industry.
In the near future,
we strive to become a leading company that provides cutting-edge IT service platforms to support the lives of our customers for decades to come. In order to create a fair financial world, Digital Wallet always plans ahead and takes budgeting very seriously. Every ounce of currency counts. We don’t ask for large investments “just to be safe,” but rather ask for sustainable financial support enough for stability for us, our partners as well as our service for our valued customers.
Ultimately, our goal is,
again, to provide premium services to everyone in order to strengthen the connection to their loved ones. We understand that money received by families reflects emotions, hopes and dreams. That’s why we believe that when people send money, they’re not just sending numbers, but instead, sending their deepest appreciation to family, friends and partners across the globe.
At Digital Wallet, we aim to continue to satisfy our customers and supporters worldwide,
2014Digital Wallet Corp. was established in November 2014 in Tokyo, Japan.It was founded by a group of designers from Sony Corporation and professionals who developed and managed global cloud services.
2017Smiles Remittance service and app launched in June,
2017 and became available to Filipino customers.
2018Smiles made its services available to Vietnam and Indonesian customers.
2019Smiles almost reaches 100k customers.
2020Smiles sent almost 1 million transactions in 50 billion yen.
2021Digital Wallet Corp. made partnerships with banks all over the globe including Taiwan, Singapore, and Canada.
2022Smiles services will be available in the United States and Singapore.
2023Smiles will be accessible to everyone all around the world.
- COMPANY NAME
- Digital Wallet Corporation
Headquarters 1F, 3-6, Kioicho, Chiyoda-ku, TokyoNagano Office Fujimimachi, Nagano
- 50 million JPY
- ESTABLISHED DATE
- November 2014
- Board of Directors
Founder & CEO Eiji MiyakawaDirector Takeru KanekoEVP Alex Rapi Milan
OUR INVOLVEMENT & QUALIFICATIONS
|Member of Japan Payment Service Association|
|Engaged in the Omotenashi ICT Association|
|Established Fujimi Energy Corporation|
|Microsoft Certified Gold Partner for Cloud Platform|
Our Regional Managers
- Global KYC Leader at Digital Wallet Corporation
- Former Operations Leader for the Philippines at Digital Wallet Corporation
- Former Project Term Personnel at the Philippine Embassy in Tokyo
- De La Salle University Latin Honors (Cum Laude) Graduate
- International Studies Department- Outstanding Thesis Nominee
- CMO at Digital Wallet
- Former Marketing Manager of the most ambitious residential project in the East of Ho Chi Minh City – Van Phuc Riverside
- Former Marketing Manager of Marine City Project in Hung Hung Trinh Real Estate and contributed to developing Ba Ria – Vung Tau Province
- Top 10 highest GPA in Marketing Dept. at Hoa Sen University
- Marketing/Operation Leader for Indonesia at Digital Wallet
- Nusa Cendana University Mathematics Dept. Honors Graduate
- Postgraduate on DIKTI scholarship in Applied Mathematics in Bogor Agricultural University
- Former Head of Computer Science Department Sumbawa University of Technology
Our Board of Directors
- Former Sony Corporation General Manager in Global Cloud Platform Development and Management Department
- Launched FeliCa Networks as a joint venture company with NTT DoCoMo
- Successful in developing and introducing the Mobile NFC and electronic money in Japan, Europe and United States
- Resigned from Sony and founded Digital Wallet Corp.
- Licensed lawyer
- Former Senior Manager of the Cloud Platform Development and Management Department of Sony Corporation
- Engaged in building and operating a global cloud platform by leading development and operations teams in Japan and overseas
- Highly-qualified professional for Architecture Design and developments on a global scale
- Responsible for global banking services all across the globe with long-standing banking and financial exposures and experiences
- Former Europe Managing Director of Philippines National Bank and being an officer of the European region
- Financial-service professional who has been involved in global money transfer services for many years